"My husband and I just feel great after the class. It is so neat to see our attitudes change from fear, concern and excitement to anticipation and excitement. We are both very excited."
Understanding the special nature of multiple pregnancy is an important part of prenatal care. Marvelous Multiples® Prenatal Education classes offer expectant parents information about many of the aspects of multiple pregnancy and birth that are not covered in standard prenatal or childbirth education classes. Our specialized multiple birth classes are available in nearly 40 states nationwide and Canada.
In Marvelous Multiples® classes you'll:
- Practice healthy pregnant life-styles through sound nutrition, rest, and stress-management techniques.
- Learn about the physical and emotional challenges of multiple pregnancy and identify the accompanying signs and symptoms.
- Be prepared for the many variances in labor, delivery, and recovery through your knowledge and confidence in the multiple birth process.
- Gain practical skills and problem-solving information about life at home with newborn multiples.
- Participate in a supportive network with other expectant parents of multiples.
- Joyfully anticipate your new family feeling prepared.
Although each Marvelous Multiples® program is tailored by the hospital or organization to meet the needs of the participants, you'll find information about:
- Nutrition and weight gain for twin and higher-order multiple pregnancy
- Appropriate activities and exercise
- Coping with discomforts of multiple pregnancy
- How to handle bedrest
- Warning signs of pregnancy complications and current methods of treatment
- Tests commonly used to monitor multiple pregnancies
- Premature babies and the NICU
- Vaginal or Cesarean birth - how is the decision made?
- Labor and birth of multiples and options for anesthesia and pain management
- Recovery and postpartum changes
- Bonding with multiple newborns
- Managing life at home with two, three, or more babies
- Breastfeeding multiple babies
- Essential equipment - strollers, beds, clothing, diapers, etc.
Click Here to locate a class in your area.